no-www problem

Joe Jacobs hazardcell at
Fri Jun 13 06:29:08 MSD 2008

I've got a weird problem with my nginx install. I cannot access any site at
all without the www prefix. It's probably my stupidity but I was wondering
if anyone could help point out what my problem is. I've installed nginx
0.6.31 on debian 4.0 with php installed. when I set the server_name to
www.domain.tld the addresses resolve correctly but when I type in the url
without the www-prefix it automatically adds the www prefix. If I set the
server_name to domain.tld (without www) none of the addresses resolve
correctly. What am I doing wrong? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Oh and in case you want to check out the problem it is at currently I set the server_name with the www prefix.

Joe Jacobs |