nginx and ephemeral Diffie-Hellman keys

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Jun 14 01:06:33 MSD 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:53:29PM +0200, Jauder Ho wrote:

> Looking at the RFC text, if nginx sends TLS close notify, and does not
> wait, does it reuse the session?

Yes, nginx allows to reuse sessions.
However, you should use cache shared across workers:
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpSslModule#ssl_session_cache

> The other test case would be of premature close (if client closes
> connection without sending alert), session must be abandoned and not
> reused.

No, nginx nevertheless allows to reuse these sessions,
otherwise all MSIE connections will require SSL handshake.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/