h.264 streaming support?

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Jun 14 09:47:21 MSD 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:31:18PM -0700, mike wrote:

> Okay, so can I ask then what exactly the "flv" thing does in nginx?
>
> HTTP supports resuming from a byte offset already, what is so special about flv?

When nginx gets "?start=XXX" query string, it sends constant 13-byte FLV
header followed by file starting from the requested offset.
You may see similar PHP code flvprovider.php at
http://www.flashcomguru.com/index.cfm/2005/11/2/Streaming-flv-video-via-PHP-take-two

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/