log file timestamp

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Jun 19 00:54:38 MSD 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 03:51:37PM -0400, J Davis wrote:

> I think you are on to something.
>
> date:  Wed Jun 18 15:23:03 EDT 2008
> date -u: Wed Jun 18 19:23:05 UTC 2008
> access.log: 18/Jun/2008:14:23:34 -0500
>
> I made sure that my tzdata package was up to date and that /etc/localtime
> points to the correct zone at /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York. I then
> gave nginx the HUP signal (not sure if that was necessary).
>
> but the time stamps are still 1 hour behind.

Could you build the program below and run it together with date and date -u ?

----------
#ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
#define _GNU_SOURCE
#endif

#include <time.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int
main()
{
    time_t      s;
    struct tm   t;

    tzset();

    s = time(NULL);

    (void) localtime_r(&s, &t);

    printf("%02d:%02d %d %d\n", t.tm_hour, t.tm_min, t.tm_isdst, timezone);

    return 0;
}

Also could you send the output of nginx's ./configure ?

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/