Load Balance Advice

Alan Williamson alan at blog-city.com
Tue Jun 24 01:36:24 MSD 2008

All,

I have been using lighttpd for a long time now, sitting in front of a
series of back end servers.  I have been told to check out nginx because
lighttpd is now starting to consume near on 100% of the CPU.

I have setup nginx as a frontend load balancer and so far good, except
got a wee problem with the content coming back.  nginx seems to be
rewriting all the URL hosts inside the returned content, to "myproject".

I do not wish nginx to fiddle with the content at all.  No need to.
Just leave it please! ;)

I have pasted the "standard" example here
___________________________

upstream myproject {
   server 10.0.0.150:80 weight=3;
   server 10.0.0.153:80;
}

server {
  listen       80;
  server_name  localhost;
  location / {
   proxy_redirect     off;

What have i missed?

thanks again for any input

Alan Williamson

  Try our free registrationless email/sms reminder
    http://yourli.st/

  b: http://alan.blog-city.com/