Is it possible to monitor the fair proxy balancer?

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Sun Jun 29 01:36:51 MSD 2008

On Sat, June 28, 2008 13:51, Grzegorz Nosek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On sob, cze 28, 2008 at 02:23:02 +0200, Robbie Allen wrote:
>[snipped]
>> How can I verify if nginx has taken it out of service?  Is it possible
>> to get details on the current status of the fair proxy?
>
> No, not really. This is something I'd like to do but currently there's
> no support for pluggable status reports and I think that writing what
> would effectively become another module for monitoring upstream_fair is
> slightly overkill.

I think we could all (I mean mainly module authors) benefits from an nginx
API (like the configuration system) to declare centrally
counters/variables of each module that in turn could be displayed by the
status module. If I have some spare time soon, I'll try to produce an
nginx patch to implement this.

--
Brice Figureau
Days of Wonder