[dev][mod_wsgi] asynchronous extensions

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Mar 4 15:49:44 MSK 2008

Manlio Perillo ha scritto:
>> Hi.
>> Its time to add asynchronous extensions to the WSGI module.
>> I'm developing a WSGI application where I need to talk with a web
>> service on the Internet, so it is *very* important to use an
>> asynchronous HTTP client.
>  >
>> [...]
>  >
> Some more detailed questions:
> 5) It seems that the event module does not allow me to register an
>    event for both read and write notifications.
>    This can be a problem for me, since I have to manage two callbacks...
>    I have to check.
>    Moreover there is a difference in how events are handled in the
>    select and poll module, as an example.
>    For the select module it is the passed in event object that is
>    posted, and I have no way to know if the socket is ready for reading
>    or writing.
>    With the poll module it is the event->data->read and/or
>    event->data->write that is posted.
>    What's the rationale?
>    I'm not an expert, but why the select module does not do the same as
>    the poll module?

Ok, forget this ;-).

For adding both read and write events I have only to call add_event two
times, or just use the handle_read_event and handle_write_event functions.

There is still the problem of having to handle read and write events

can handle both read and write event in one call.

Thanks  Manlio Perillo