conditional behaviour based on Accept: values

gabriele renzi rff.rff at
Fri Mar 7 19:58:32 MSK 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at> wrote:
> gabriele renzi ha scritto:
>  > Hi everyone,
>  >
>  Hi Gabriele!

eilà :)

>  The value of the accept header can be found in the $http_accept variable.
>  Every header can be accessed this way:

ah thank you I overlooked that.

>  To avoid the triple memcache_pass, you can just do:

no I just meant to avoid writing it 3 times, but with current nginx
this seems to work as I expect it:

      if ($http_accept ~* rdf) {
        set $memcached_key DATA$uri-$args.rdf;
      if ($http_accept ~* json) {
        set $memcached_key DATA$uri-$args.json;
      if ($http_accept ~* plain) {
        set $memcached_key DATA$uri-$args.txt;
      memcached_pass   memcached;

next I'll have to check if I can do "set $key $" :)

Thanks again for the help.