Can fastcgi_index be used with multiple filenames?

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Sun Mar 9 01:05:24 MSK 2008

Igor Sysoev wrote:
  > May be, I did not look too much in php sources.
> If it's so it really simplifies migration of PHP scripts using PATH_INFO
> from Apache to FastCGI.

Well, when I tried out lighttpd before finding nginx (thanks!) their
docs said you need it with php fastcgi, so that's why I set it.

According to http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.cgi.fix-pathinfo

"Provides real PATH_INFO/PATH_TRANSLATED support for CGI. PHP's previous
behaviour was to set PATH_TRANSLATED to SCRIPT_FILENAME, and to not grok
what PATH_INFO is. For more information on PATH_INFO, see the cgi specs.
Setting this to 1 will cause PHP CGI to fix it's paths to conform to the
spec. A setting of zero causes PHP to behave as before. Default is zero.
You should fix your scripts to use SCRIPT_FILENAME rather than
PATH_TRANSLATED."

--
Ian Evans
Chairman & Executive Producer