Benchmarking Nginx on a prehistoric PIII 500

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Fri Mar 14 03:24:35 MSK 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 21:09 +0100, Denis Arh wrote:
> I've filled some missing details about benchmarks and published
> configuration files and benchmarking script source:
> http://blog.arh.cc/index.php?/archives/9-HTTP-server-comparison-2.html
>

> @Cliff: I hope that post answers all of your questions

It does.  One thing I would immediately recommend is to *not* run the
client on the same box as the server.  This pulls resources away from
the server process and has a significant impact on both client and
server performance.
Basically what will happen is the two processes will reach an
equilibrium point where neither can reach maximum throughput, only a
balance (the faster the client goes, the slower the server goes and vice
versa).

Regards,
Cliff