Migrating to Nginx and .htaccess files

Drazen Milosevic dmilosevic at it.verat.net
Wed Mar 19 12:19:32 MSK 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a shared hosting server with Apache curently running. I want to migrate
to Nginx for static files and have Apache (for now) serving only the dynamic
PHP pages in the background listening on the 127.0.0.1:8000.

Everything works great, the only thing I have problem with is
existing .htaccess files wich my clients are using.
Most of them are using it only for a simple deny,allow directives but I have a
lot of them and I'm trying to think of the easiest and least painfull way
to "transfer" their .htaccess files to Nginx.

I am sending this mail more as an search for an idea how would you solve this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
Drazen Milosevic