Nginx on OpenBSD

Renaud Allard renaud at llorien.org
Fri Mar 21 22:22:12 MSK 2008

Darrin Chandler wrote:

> I've dealt with this in the OpenBSD port of nginx by adding:
>
> 	--with-cc-opt="-DNGX_HAVE_MALLOC_H=0"
>
> I'd rather find a better way to deal with it, but the above works fine.
> If you're using the 5.x nginx you might consider using the OpenBSD port
> I made, as long as the configured options match what you need.
> Otherwise, you might have a peek at /usr/ports/www/nginx/Makefile to
> give you some hints on anything I've done to make it work better on
> OpenBSD. There are not many special cases, since nginx is BSD friendly.
> :)

I think that, as it is only needed on cygwin, the C spec says malloc()
is in stdlib, it would really be cleaner if Igor did the change in the
official source tree. Also, I am using v0.6.
I would even say, it would be great if nginx with its BSD license was
the default web server on OpenBSD instead of the old, slow and memory
hungry apache. But I don't know about crypto export restrictions.