Nginx on OpenBSD

Francisco Valladolid ficovh at
Sat Mar 22 06:00:53 MSK 2008

You maybe must be try the OpenBSD port located in /usr/ports/www/nginx
This is the best way to install it.

Darrin Chandler is the maintaner for nginx port and any comments with it you
are freely for mail to him.

Personally I'm using a old nginx version in my OpenBSD server, the
0.5.19compiled manually.

Best Regards.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Renaud Allard <renaud at> wrote:

> Hello,
> When trying to compile nginx on OpenBSD (4.2 or 4.3 prerelease), I get
> the following error:
> In file included from src/os/unix/ngx_posix_config.h:74,
>                 from src/core/ngx_config.h:37,
>                 from src/core/nginx.c:7:
> /usr/include/malloc.h:4:2: #warning "<malloc.h> is obsolete, use <stdlib.h
> >"
> Of course, replacing <malloc.h> by <stdlib.h> in
> src/os/unix/ngx_posix_config.h solves the problem. But isn't there a way
> to detect this at configure time?
> Regards

Francisco Valladolid H.
-- - Jesus Christ follower.