[dev] ngx.poll extension for mod_wsgi

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Mar 26 22:37:41 MSK 2008

For people interested I have designed and implemented an extension for
my WSGI module for Nginx for better support of asynchronous applications.

Here are some examples:

1) An example of asynchronous query to a PostgreSQL database:

    The example make use of a connection pool that can grow indefinitely.

2) An example of HTTP proxy using pycurl:

3) A very simple example on how to split a long calculation:

4) A very simple example of asynchronous HTTP request

   The application just "sleeps" for fixed amount of times until the
   request is done.

There are still problems and possible bugs.
I would really appreciate any suggestions about the API design;
unfortunately people on the Python web-sig mailing list are not very
interested in supporting asynchronous applications...

NOTE: the extension does not works with the rtsig event module, a
segmentation fault occur.

The problem is that I simply make use of add_event and del_event, and
the rtisig module does not defines these two operations (the add_event
function pointer is NULL).

Thanks   Manlio Perillo