[ANN] mod_scgi

Adrian Perez adrianperez at udc.es
Fri May 2 04:29:53 MSD 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:34:39 +0200
Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the implementation of SCGI for Nginx.
> It is available from my Mercurial repository:
> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_scgi/

Pretty nice!! although I am not planning using SCGI in Nginx at the
moment, I added SCGI support to my unofficial Nginx Gentoo ebuild:

(Gentoo users may prefer to add the entire overlay instead of manually
fetching the ebuild and related files, more more information look at

My packaging adds support for the SCGI module (USE=scgi); the WSGI
module (USE=python), and my own "fancyindex" module (USE=fancyindex).

FYI, I had to remove line 1573 of ngx_http_scgi_module.c in order to
build the module with Nginx 0.6.30 because there is no "location"
member in the configuration sctruct (see attached patch). It *seems* to
work so my guess is that removing the line does not harm when using
Ningx 0.6.x

The Force is strong with this one.
        -- (Darth Vader)