A hardware question

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 06:04:11 MSD 2008

On 5/1/08, Eden Li <eden at hulu.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, the dev number is a completely arbitrary int and is set by
> `mogadm` when you setup the cluster.

Actually I saw a thread recently and I believe it was talking about
devX numbers - some guy had an issue where it skipped from 1, 2, 3, 5
and the code seemed to go incrementally and failed when it hit the
missing 4.

I am pretty sure it was the dev IDs...

Either way, I believe the full URL is what is needed for this to be
useful, not just a single http://a.b.c.d:port/ since the devX could be
there or not, I believe.

> Do you know if there's better documentation out there?  I had to dig
> into the perl source code in order to get it setup.

Nope. I'd ask the mailing list there any questions, Google, etc.

They have a wiki up but it doesn't have much info and last I checked
the navigation sent you in a circle.