Weird timeouts, not sure if I've set the right threshholds

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Sat May 3 00:05:21 MSD 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 12:46 -0700, mike wrote:
> ohh.
>
> well, i am not sure the NFS server is up to that much load... i've
> never really looked at doing something like that.

Using Nginx will probably reduce the load.  I haven't used NFS in a long
while but I don't recall it being all that lightweight.

I suspect that if your NFS server seems heavily loaded it's exactly
because you are using NFS to serve public files.

> besides, i still need NFS there for all writes and normal filesystem
> access. it's not just an HTTP GET environment..

You can run both. The main point is to only serve files to the public
using Nginx and reduce NFS access to only internal use.

Regards,
Cliff