mail proxy config

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Sat May 3 21:36:12 MSD 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 10:05:00PM +0200, mdl2 at wrote:

> I think I am missing something in the configuration at the authentication
> stage.
> Do I need to configure the module auth somewhere ? it doesn't exist in the
> source or in the cgi-bin directory.

You have to write authentication script.  The first thing nginx
does is passing authentication requests to auth_http endpoint.  If
nothing correctly answers at specified url - it won't be able to
do anything.

> I also tried to use the php script that is given as an example  but I am
> getting errors on the script

You should either fix errors or write your own script.

>    auth_http <>  localhost:8000/cgi-bin/auth <>;
>    pop3_capabilities <>  "TOP"  "USER";
>    imap_capabilities <>  "IMAP4rev1"  "UIDPLUS";

Do you really have all this <http://...> in your config?  You

Maxim Dounin