List of Nginx variables?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed May 7 13:33:19 MSD 2008

Hello!

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 09:01:52AM +0100, Phillip B Oldham wrote:

> I've found a list in http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule, but
> it doesn't seem to be complete (no $http_host).
>
> I think it would be useful if we had all the variables documented.

[quote from http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule]

First of all, these are the variables, which represent the lines
of the title of the client request, for example, $http_user_agent,
$http_cookie and so forth.

[end quote]

All headers sent by client are available through $http_*
variables.  Their existance isn't guaranteed and their meaning
defined elsewhere (e.g. in relevant standards).

Some more notes on variables in general:

Any module can define its own variables, and so variables are
usually documented in context of module which provides them.