output_buffers and postpone_output

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu May 8 00:02:21 MSD 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:41:24PM +1000, Dave Cheney wrote:

> Can you please give me a short rundown of the syntax options and I'll
> update the wiki.

  output_buffers  1 32k;  # default

are used to read file if sendfile is disabled or if file content should
be processed - SSI, substitution, charset recoding, gzipping.

  postpone_output  1460;  # default

is used to buffer data to send many small parts in one ethernet packet.
Due to this directive HTTP response header is usually in the same packet
as first response part.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/