Nginx Problem with fastcgi_param

Erik Osterman e at osterman.com
Wed May 14 03:58:09 MSD 2008

 From my past work with the FastCGI protocol, I believe all the NV pairs
(params) set using the FastCGI protocol are available to PHP in the
_SERVER global. Also, HTTP_HOST is not supposed to be derived by PHP, as
it reflects the client-side "Host:" header (versus SERVER_NAME which is
the Nginx configured host), so the only way to pass it to PHP would be
through the FCGI protocol (since raw headers are not passed).

You're entirely correct though that SERVER_NAME gets set with whatever
we pass, so we'll have to adjust our stuff for that in the meanwhile.

Thanks!

Erik