proxy store question

Fabio Coatti cova at
Wed May 14 16:45:44 MSD 2008

Hi all, I'm looking at proxy store directive, that would be really useful for
a situation that we are facing, but I'm wandering how the store is
invalidated: when a new page is requested to the backend instead of serving
the cached one?
Is possible to set a timeout, so if nginx finds that the stored page is older
than a fixed amount of time it fetches again the page, otherwise it serves
the one in the store, regardless of any header?

Thanks for any answer.

Fabio "Cova" Coatti
Ferrara Linux Users Group
GnuPG fp:9765 A5B6 6843 17BC A646  BE8C FA56 373A 5374 C703
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.