[ANN] nginx_uploadprogress_module v0.4
brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Sun May 18 18:15:27 MSD 2008
I'm proud to announce the availability of the version 0.4 of the
nginx_upload_progress_module. This version is now compatible with multiple
As usual the module is available as an attachment to the wiki page:
I will try to setup a public git repository of the module soon.
Changes since v0.3:
* Incompatible change: track_uploads MUST be the last directive of a
location. It also must be in a proxy_pass or fastcgi_pass location.
* fixed multiple worker_process issue. It is now safe to use this module
with multiple worker_process.
* fixed several crash issues.
This module implements a progress upload ala Lighttpd mod_uploadprogress
for nginx. It monitors RFC1867 uploads sent to upstream servers and can
serve special JSON response containing information about the upload
progress on request.
This module doesn't implement a RFC1867 parser and client code. As such
I consider this module as a temporary hack until Igor Sysoev implements
a full client body filter chain into Nginx.
This module is delivered as is (no guarantee of any kind) under the BSD
license with the following caveats and warnings:
* this software has never been tested under load. It only passed a few
lab tests (including stress testing of upload and tracking uploads).
* it is not intended to be deployed on *production systems*.
* when compiled with --with-debug, this module will produce high number
of log messages.
More information on the wiki page:
The code is available as an attachment of the aforementionned page.
nginx_uploadprogress_module has been compiled/tested with Nginx 0.6.1,
0.6.12, 0.6.13 and 0.6.30. The legacy 0.5.x versions are not supported,
please upgrade your nginx installation to the current stable (0.6.30 and
1) download the Nginx sources from http://nginx.net/ and unpack it.
2) build Nginx: change to the directory which contains the Nginx
sources, and run the configuration script making sure to add the path
to the nginx_uploadprogress_module sources using the --add-module
$ ./configure --add-module=/path/to/nginx_uploadprogress_module/
Now you can build and install the software:
and as root:
$ make install
For usage, configuration and examples, please see the wiki page or the
Anyway enjoy :-)
Brice Figureau <brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com>
More information about the nginx