failover / fault-tolerant configurations

alex clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:22:28 MSD 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for more information on setting up 2 Nginx instances
in a failover active/active configuration.

The scenario that I'm trying to accomplish is this:

2 Nginx instances, both doing some sort of Session affinity
with, say the http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUpstreamRequestHashModule
module.

If one of the Nginx instance fails, I hope to have the second keep
handling incoming requests.

---

Now, I'm not sure if I'm verbalizing what I'm trying to do correctly,
but my general goal is to create a fault - tolerant setup.

Any advice is appreciated, especially any advice of best practices
in this general arena, Nginx limitations, or alternate configurations.

thanks,
Alex