SSL support in Debian (etch) package

Björn Keil deephell at web.de
Fri May 23 13:22:54 MSD 2008

Hello,

I was experimenting with nginx and, since I want all dependencies and
updates managed easily and without regular compilation on my own, I
chose a Debian package. However, upon trying to start my initial test
setup the system answers:

bjoern at schiller:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/nginx start
Starting nginx: 2008/05/23 11:18:35 [emerg] 6366#0: unknown directive
"ssl" in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:32

Do I have to activate ssl before I use "ssl on", or is it simply that
the package was compiled without SSL support? Can I somehow see what
flags nginx was compiled with?

Greetings,
Björn