proxying rtmpt by nginx

Rajesh Dharmalingam rajesh.dharmalingam at
Sat May 31 19:10:14 MSD 2008

Yes it is possible.

   location /open/ {
            proxy_redirect     off;
            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For   $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

            client_max_body_size       10m;
            client_body_buffer_size    128k;

            proxy_connect_timeout      90;
            proxy_send_timeout         90;
            proxy_read_timeout         90;

            proxy_buffer_size          4k;
            proxy_buffers              4 32k;
            proxy_busy_buffers_size    64k;
            proxy_temp_file_write_size 64k;

            include         conf/fastcgi_params;

Similar to this is for /close/ , /idle/ , /send/.

Add this and it will work.

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 7:52 PM, just starting <just.starting at>

> hi,
> Is it possible to run red5 rtmpt via proxy of nginx?
> I know that the protocols are different, but still, is there any workaround
> available?
> Thanks,
> Rakesh.

"Stick to our roots and not to forget where we come from"