Script to spawn php5-cgi to enable Nginx to serve PHP code/pages

Mark Alan varia at
Thu Nov 6 13:32:23 MSK 2008

Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> 1. Works like a charm for me for 1 year.

That seems interesting. I am inclined to give it a try.

How do you set them up? Are you using Ubuntu or a Debian based Linux?
Could you post example scripts on how to set up the Unix domain sockets?

> 2. Security can be added so only specified users can connect to this
> socket. You can't do this to tcp port, so tcp can be locally compromised
>   to get privileges of the user running php-cgi.

That is interesting.

> 3. TCP _is_ slower then unix sockets. And it _is_ buffered too.

Do you have any pointers to papers or other work about comparative speed