Serving executables over web

matt davies mjdavies at glam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 18:26:13 MSK 2008

:-)

I've just worked out that download speed has absolutely nothing to do
with client_max_body_size as Roxis correctly pointed out.  What was
happening my end was that I had already successfully downloaded the
exe once, so the next download of the same file was obviously much
quicker :-)

The PDF I put on the site of roughly the same size was a very fast
download straight away, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the
mime types and how the PDF file was handled compared to the EXE file.

No clue as to what is happening now

Can anyone point me at any documentation on how nginx handles
downloading files?