Compilation errors on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Eric Benson eric_a_benson at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 20:38:39 MSK 2008

Compiling either 0.6.32 or 0.7.20 on a new Ubuntu 8.10 installation with gcc 4.3.2 causes errors due to a new compiler warning (when combined with the use of -Werror in CFLAGS). There is now a compiler warning when the return value of write() is ignored. This causes errors in a number of placees in nginx. I have included a log showing the compiler output as well as a patch file showing the changes I made to avoid these errors.