Important: Nginx + Haproxy + Mongrel Question

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Wed Nov 19 16:13:38 MSK 2008

Hi Asif,

What fails completely ? HaProxy, Mongrel or Nginx ?

I noticed that 192.168.1.16 for instance had over 50 mongrels assigned
to it. At an average memory usage of 60-80 meg (just after startup)
that is an enormous amount of memory in use (if I understand your
config correctly), is the problem with the underlying server platform?
Possibly swapping, or spending all its time scheduling processes?

Cheers

Dave