Weird difference between nginx and apache...

Robert Gabriel lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Nov 22 01:13:17 MSK 2008

I have made some test related to the speed of apache and nginx on my new
server to see which would be the best for running. Of course the test
have showed me that nginx is the best, there is no fight and no question
about it, but in my test I have found one thing weird.
I have test botch apache and nginx with an image, a small 1-2k image,
but the ab results I have this:

Apache 2.0.63:
Document Path:          /img.png
Document Length:        1463 bytes

Total transferred:      17538570 bytes
HTML transferred:       14695835 bytes

Nginx 0.6.32:
Document Path:          /img.png
Document Length:        1463 bytes

Total transferred:      16841796 bytes
HTML transferred:       14771911 bytes

My simple question is why?! Is nginx losing something or apache adding
something, if there is perfectly the same image.

Im not so good at this kind of things, I just wanna know if there is
some problems someplace.

Thanks!