Nginx handle of large uploads , proxy to cgi?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Nov 23 02:03:38 MSK 2008

Hello!

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 04:00:42PM -0600, Joe Shang wrote:

[...]

> Which back to the user gets the error "ERROR: Failed to find flength
> file" , because it couldn't find the above file, its there to show to
> the user the upload progress bar.
>
> But the weird thing is Nginx is still accepting the upload in the
> background, so it is working, and it does everything else properly,
> conversion, but nginx is the one taking over the upload.
>
> Is there a setting I can do in nginx somewhere so when uploading to
> via cgi, etc, to work properly as the script intended somehow?
>
> Or is it simply that this won't work properly on Nginx?

When processing user uploads nginx always buffers entire user
upload, and calls backend only when upload is complete.  There is
on way to change this behaviour.

To track uploads you have to use Brice Figureau's upload progress
module, see http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUploadProgressModule.