Improved nginx.conf for Ruby On Rails

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:33:08 MSD 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> 2. As far as I see, the config in question differs from the http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxRubyonRailsMongrel
>  in some aspects of it's behaviour.  E.g. the latter one will serve /
> blah request as static if there is /blah.html.  If this behaviour is
> really desired - config should be modified appropriately.  I don't
> think that it's a good practice though.

	I agree with getting rid of the if's as much as possible. But
breaking this #2 rule will break every rails application in existence
that uses page caching. This rule *must* be supported or else you
break everyone's apps and expectations and cannot call this a true
rails nginx config.

	Other then that getting rid of the if's is a good thing.

Cheers-
-Ezra