Improved nginx.conf for Ruby On Rails

Igor Clark igor at pokelondon.com
Tue Oct 7 13:23:54 MSD 2008

Hi Maxim,

On 6 Oct 2008, at 22:03, Maxim Dounin wrote:

> 1. Named locations are relatively new beasts.  They appeared in
> nginx 0.6.6, and there are known issues with them in 0.6.32 (notably
> with POST requests, fixed in 0.7.12).  I wouldn't recommend using
> the config in question with stable branch for now - at least if you
> have POST requests.  Try 0.7.* instead. :)

Igor S posted a couple of 0.6.x patches in a thread called static POST
in mid-August this year which made named locations and POST work as
expected for me in 0.6.32. We have it in production and it doesn't
appear to have caused us any problems as yet. Igor said he would merge
the patch for 0.6.33.

Best wishes
Igor