h.264 streaming support?

伍鹏 wupeng at openv.cn
Wed Oct 8 04:19:32 MSD 2008

Dear Thomas,
I have implementated an H.264 streaming module, you can download it from

install & compile
1. wget
2. tar xfj mp4.tar.bz2
3. mv mp4 your_path/nginx-0.7.17/src/http/modules
4. cd your_path/nginx-0.7.17/src/http/modules
5. ./configure --with-http_flv_module --add-module=src/http/modules/mp4
6. make
7. make install

a simple demo

Enjoy it!

Best Regard,

Peng Wu
Tech. VP
26th Floor, Block 16, jianwai SOHO,
No.39 Middle East Third Ring Rd
Chaoyang District Beijing 100022
Tel: (010)5878 7828
Fax: (010)5878 7900
Email : wupeng at openv.cn
发送日期:2008-10-08 06:33:12
收件人:nginx at sysoev.ru
主题:Re: h.264 streaming support?

> Yes it will work. The only question is, if there is an encoder out yet that
> can save h264 video in flv. I know the ffmpeg guys were working on it.
On that topic, I tried making a .flv video that uses h264 format. The
video was encoded using mencoder and x264. The video plays fine with
VLC, but when I want to inject metadata in the video using flvtool2, I
get the following error message:
ERROR: IO is not a FLV stream. Wrong signature.
Is it coming from the metadata that is positionned at the end of the
video file instead of at the beginning?

Did anyone manage to create a streamable flv video with h264 format?