Nginx VS Nginx + Varnish

Praveen praveen.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 23:20:47 MSD 2008

Yes. There is caching at the OS level too, which needs to be tuned
(like cache sizes, inode vs content etc). I did not look at your
benchmarks, but was commenting more on Gen's post. In the graphs he's
given, the latency between connect and sending first byte (the green
part) is high, which might explain disk seek/read.

-p