Reverse Proxy with Trac

Mario Gazzo mario.gazzo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:32:10 MSD 2008

On 23/10/2008, at 14.53, Almir Karic wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 02:39:52PM +0200, Mario Gazzo wrote:
>>        	proxy_pass http://192.168.0.187:8000/;
>
> make this:
>
>>        	proxy_pass http://192.168.0.187:8000/trac;

Thanks for the reply but I did not explain myself very well. There is
no "/trac" subdirectory on the Trac server. The "/trac" subdirectory
is the path that I want to access trac with from the outside through
NGINX, which means the external URL becomes "http://dev.mytestdom.dk/trac
". The internal trac url is still http://192.168.0.187:8000/ and when
it returns the page all relative links needs to be have "/trac"
prepended in order to work with the external address. E.g. The
internal address of a trac-page "http://192.168.0.187:8000/mypage"
becomes "http://dev.mytestdom.dk/trac/mypage" when accessed from
outside.

I do not know how to do this with NGINX if at all but I know that this
is possible with another reverse proxy I tried but that I dumped for
various reasons.

Cheers
Mario