Two Problems with proxy_pass to upstream

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Tue Oct 28 10:52:33 MSK 2008

Hi Sean,

Firstly, let me commend you on giving a full config, without obfuscation.
This makes things a lot easier.

It looks like SSL isn't correctly setup on port 443

lucky:~ dcheney$ openssl s_client -connect www.gcnpublishing.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
23096:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_clnt.c:585:
lucky:~ dcheney$ telnet www.gcnpublishing.com 443
Trying 74.201.40.2...
Connected to www.gcnpublishing.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
hello
<center><h1>400 Bad Request</h1></center>
Connection closed by foreign host.

Cheers

Dave

n Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:50:38 -0400, Sean Fulton <sean at gcnpublishing.com>