Worker cpu affinity for 8 cores/cpus

zoltarx zoltarx at
Sat Sep 6 14:08:29 MSD 2008

IMHO: Affinity is just a flag which tells kernel on what CPUs can run the
code of specified process (even thread) - in other words you could set
affinity for first process to CPU0 and second to CPU1 and they should be
working on different CPU's I don't know if Linux kernel supports that, but
windows should honour this setting. I don't think that this kind of
separation would make big difference in performance.

2008/9/5 Robert Gabriel <lists at>

> Sorry, for some reason I have a lot of "grammar" mistakes :)
> --

Filip Golewski
e-mail: f.golewski at
e-mail: zoltarx at