504 Gateway Time-out during POST

David mishy.cth at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:05:40 MSD 2008

Just to go into a bit more detail:

I run a site with a fairly large forum. Since moving to nginx and php-fpm my
server performance has got worse. I fully concede this is likely to be a
configuration issue on my part, but it's frustrating to say the least :-)

I am getting a lot of MySQL server gone away messages which whilst I appreciate
can be caused by a lot of things, if when POSTing and executing PHP scripts at a
very slow rate it too can cause issues like this.

Anyone else had these sorts of issues ? I'm thinking I may have to go back to
Apache and PHP atm :-/