504 Gateway Time-out during POST

Kiril Angov kupokomapa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 00:56:26 MSD 2008

Maybe not related but... when I tried to run phpMyAdmin under php-fpm
and mysqli (notice it is a problem with MySQLi), I was getting random
and very often 504 errors because the php was sigfaulting. I am pretty
sure it is not an nginx problem but more the fact that you have PHP
now running as fastcgi rather than mod_php.

Please, take a closer look at nginx's error log and if the server is
not in production or just quickly run php-cgi without php-fpm like
this:

php-cgi -b 127.0.0.1:9000

Do not make it go in daemon mode so that you can see on the console if it dies.

HTH,
Kiril