cert handling on redirect of https subdomains

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Sep 12 10:03:31 MSD 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:27:09AM +0000, Martian Alien wrote:

> Interesting.  The reason for the limitation makes more sense now.  But why do the first *two* virtual domains (example.com and www.example.com) work?
>
> >From what I read, only one should work...
>
> All my certs were generated at the same time, and are essentially equivalent except they are tied to different subdomains.

Yes, the only www.example.com should work if all three sites listen on
single IP address. I do not know why https://example.com works in you case.
The only idea crosses my mind: some time ago you might store this exception
in your browser. Try to use some fresh browser or to look inside browser
security settings.