logging empty.gif

Paul paul2791 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 23:09:26 MSD 2008

I have built a small stand alone nginx server, all it is doing is serving up one
empty.gif. I want to use this server to get up to the minute logs for my main
site. Each page on the main site has an image tag for the empty gif on the
standalone.

However, testing it, when i hit a page with the gif, it doesn't get logged on
the server. If i hit reload in my browser, it does get logged, but if i type in
the url or go to the page thru a link, no log. If i hit the empty gif directly,
it does get logged,

How can i get it it to log every hit??