Nginx w/ ssh restart

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Wed Sep 17 09:35:19 MSD 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:17:14PM -0500, Clint Priest wrote:

>    No, I don't have it set either way.  I just tried setting it to on,
>    same effect.
>    What happens on your end trying to restart via ssh remotely?

I usually do not use restart (as stop/start sequence), because graceful
reconfiguration using -HUP or online binary upgrade are enough.

On fresh servers I start nginx using:
/usr/local/nginx/nginx
or
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx.sh start
This is always run via ssh and I never saw any ssh issues.
Just tried to start using
ssh root at host /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx.sh start
without any problems.

The problem is probably in "service" utility. What is it ?

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/