Persistence + Round robin

Brian Moschel brian.moschel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:18:41 MSD 2008

Hey guys,
I've read through the docs and this doesn't seem possible in the current
setup, but I could be wrong.  Here's what I need:

Load balancing using a uri param, but if its not found, fall back to round
robin, but in chunks of 100 by the Referer header.  For example, the first
100 people with Referer=www.somedomain.com get sent to nodeA, the 2nd 100 to
nodeB, the 3rd 100 to nodeA, etc.  After a user is assigned a node, any
subsequent request they make needs will have a uri_param that points Nginx
to the right server.

We're using Evan Miller's awesome Upstream Hash Module, but it doesn't seem
its configureable to this level.

Is this possible?  If not, I'd like to hire anyone willing to implement
this.  Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Brian