How to proxy a webdav request

iravana nginx-forum at
Thu Apr 9 08:38:47 MSD 2009

I am trying to proxy a PROPFIND request to a webdav server. So essentially I am trying to send any requests made to https://localhost/webdav to another server I tried to do this by setting up a proxy like this:

location /webdav/ {
        proxy_pass  ;
        proxy_pass_header   Server;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;

This is not working as the PROPFIND request is being converted into a GET by nginx when it sends the request to the proxied server. What am I missing or doing wrong? Have been fighting with this for quite a while. If anyone has any ideas, would really appreciate some help.