error 499 nginx + php-fpm

Deepan Chakravarthy codeshepherd at
Thu Apr 16 18:16:04 MSD 2009

I was using php fast cgi before. Just installed a fresh machine with the
same config and replaced  php-fastcgi with php-fpm.  Now my access logs show
return status 499 for 20% of the connections.  The whole thing works fine
for 5 minutes, then for next one minute it throws 499 status, and then
reverts back to normal status.

I do understand that 499 is generated when client closes the connection
before server responds. However that doesn't seem to be appropriate for my
situations. Moving back to the old server - makes every thing normal.