Can nginx add Content-Type in X-Accel-Redirect?

张立冰 zhang.libing at
Fri Apr 17 17:14:02 MSD 2009

Sorry. I have a misunderstand of your mail. And here is some suggestions for

If your only have fewer static file type, add default_type at your special
location context. In addition if your static file is for download, then I
think the simple way is to add force download header at the conf file. Other
else I think you should add this header in your code.

If you want nginx add Content-Type header in X-Accel-Redirect, she must
recognize the file type, and I think that's not efficient.

2009/4/17 Xia Qingran <qingran.xia at>

> 2009/4/17 张立冰 <zhang.libing at>:
> > 看下这个模块对你有没有帮助。
> >

> Sorry for no Chinese inputing method.
> This module can not do anything for this. Because nginx adds
> content-type header according to the extended filename and the content
> of mime.types.
> --
> 夏清然
> Xia Qingran
> qingran.xia at
> Sent from Beijing, 11, China
> Arnold Schwarzenegger  - &quot;I have a love interest in every one of
> my films - a gun.&quot; -

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time!