Compiling nginx 64-bit on opensolaris

Edho P Arief edhoprima at
Mon Apr 27 20:36:22 MSD 2009

I've tried and unless I missed something, it doesn't look trivial.
Is there switch for amd64 somewhere in configure or environment variables?

# CC="/opt/SSX0903/bin/cc -m64" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nginx

doesn't work immediately because it still uses x86 files
(ngx_sunpro_x86.*) when compiling. I manually 'fixed' by sed-ing
objs/Makefile, replacing all sunpro_x86 with sunpro_amd64 and later
renaming src/os/unix/ to

It then compiles and runs just fine (or so it looks like)

O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail -