nginx 0.7.53: port_in_redirect ignored

Floren Munteanu nginx at
Tue Apr 28 06:40:37 MSD 2009

Hi all,

I upgraded this morning to 0.7.53 version, thanks Igor. I have an issue
with the port_in_redirect set to off, it would not hide the actual port.
I run nginx on a CentOS 5.3 x64 machine, no apache installed or other
fancy software beside PHP 5.2.9 and MySQL 5.1.33. It is set as a
proxy_pass on ports 8000 and 8001.

I tried to setup port_in_redirect off in http, server and location. Same
Right now it is set at http level. Try this:
Type in your browser:, it will bring you to the right site.
Then, try, it will direct you to an URL with port on
it... In root and /test dir are 2 plain index.html files.

Does anyone else have any issues with it? If you don't please let me
know your setup.
Thanks for your help.

Floren Munteanu